Sally Shaw leaves school and starts work at Sylvano’s department store. She wants to be a window dresser, but Miss Newman, the head window dresser, is being deliberately hard on her to test her resolve while the other assistants are snobby and then jealous. Sally finds solace in a wonderful secret – using the basement to practise her own window-dressing.
- Sally at Sylvano’s – Bunty: 1964. no publication dates currently available
Tina Roberts works for a firm that tests new products to ensure they live up to the manufacturers’ claims before they go on sale.
- Artist: Diane Gabbot
- Tina the Tester – Bunty: no publication dates available
- Annual appearances: known, but no publication dates currently available.
- Tina the Tester – Bunty Summer Special 1972
Carol Wilde has to find and manage a new bunch of children for a model agency. As the children have to be ordinary, cheeky and scruffy kids off the streets, this assignment is a handful for Carol.
- The Wilde Bunch – Bunty: #1619 (21 January 1989) – #1630 (8 April 1989)
- The Wilde Bunch – Bunty Annual 1990
Hilary Drew is the youngest member of the team in charge of Manchester’s mobile playgroup, which is known as the Happy Bus.
- Hilary of the Happy Bus – Mandy: #625 (6 January 1979) – (?)
- Hilary of the Happy Bus – Mandy Annual 1979
- Hilary of the Happy Bus – Mandy Annual 1981
- Hilary of the Happy Bus – Mandy Annual 1982
Policewomen, Joy Fennell and Sheila Morris, were given the task of preventing juvenile delinquency in the tough Prospect Road area during school holidays, using the ‘Red Maria’, a specially-adapted police van, equipped with all kinds of sports apparatus.
- Art: Bert Hill
The Red Maria – Judy: 807 (28 June 1975) – 820?