At the end of the 15th century, during the Wars of the Roses, some of the peasants around Moorford, homeless and starving, leave their children in a forest glade which has a magic reputation. The children are never seen again and it is believed that the forest sprites are taking care of them. Jane Shaw, the young daughter of a farmer, discovers that the children are really being cared for by Lady Marston and her huge servant, Wat, in her castle, while her husband is away fighting. Jane’s own parents have disappeared and her home is burned down, so she joins Lady Marston to help look after the children.
- The Glade of Lost Children – Judy: #278 (8 May 1965) – #284 (19 June 1965)
Hester and Honey are two sisters who run a babysitting agency.
- The Babysitters – Judy: #640 (15 April 1972) – #646 (27 May 1972)
- The Babysitters – Judy Annual 1973
- The Babysitters – Judy Annual 1976
Susan Anderson was an Assistant Housemother at Sunnyside’s Children’s home. It was a job she thoroughly enjoyed, though it could be tiring.
Susan of Sunnysides (Bunty)
Sue of Sunnysides (Mandy)
- First appeared as a text story, it was later updated into picture story format.
- Unusually as well as being in Bunty, it appeared as text story in Mandy under the slightly revised title “Sue of Sunnysides”
- Susan of Sunnysides (text story) – Bunty: #94 (31 October 1959) – (?)
- Sue of Sunnysides (text story) – Mandy: (?) – #42 (4 November 1967)
- Susan of Sunnysides – Bunty: #1288 (18 September 1982) – #1291 (09 October 1982)
- Susan of Sunnysides (text story) – Bunty Annual 1961
- Susan of Sunnysides – Bunty Annual 1980
- Susan of Sunnysides – Bunty Annual 1984