When she leaves school, young Val Wynn joins a unit of the Voluntary Overseas Organisation, which aids under-developed countries. Val’s unit is sent to Bokrama, an isolated African village, where she teaches in the school with Jack Rhodes. The hospital is managed by Doctor John Roberts and Sister Mary Jones, while Bill Coombes, an agriculturist, helps the villagers with their crop problems.
- Art: Desmond Walduck
- This story first appeared in 1964, so some of it’s depictions of Africa would not be as acceptable today.
- Volunteer Val – Judy: #249 (17 October 1964) – #262 (16 January 1965)
- Volunteer Val – Judy Annual 1965
Lucy Fielding, an orphan living in the early 19th Century, has been sent by her guardian to a girls’ school in the North run by a cruel widow, Mrs Armstrong. To make extra money, Mrs Armstrong sends Lucy and two other girls, Mary and Betty, to work in a nearby coal mine.
- The Worst School in the World – Judy: #481 (29 March 1969) – #492 (14 June 1969)
- Reprinted – Judy: #986 (02 December 1978) – #997 (17 February 1979)
Columba, who has established a community on the island of Iona, is escorting Clova, a princess of Dalriada, to the High King of the Picts to demand that he restore the Kingdom of Dalriada to its rightful rulers. On the way, Columba meets an old friend, Moloug. In their zeal to win new lands for their Master, Moloug and Columba quarrel.
- Artist: Desmond Walduck (unconfirmed)
- Clova – Judy: #449 (17 August 1968) – #460 (2 November 1968)
Young Sue Dale helps her uncle and aunt, Jim and Judy Truman, to produce thrilling television films of African wild life. She has the gift of making friends with animals and their home in Kenya is crowded with pets of every kind.
- Safari Sue – Judy: #183 (13 July 1963) – #209?
- Safari Sue – Judy Annual 1964
- Safari Sue – Judy Annual 1965
- Safari Sue – Judy Picture Story Library: #11