Di Barlow felt her Mum was missing out on things just being a stay-at-home housewife, while other girls’ mothers seemed to lead interesting and exciting lives. So Di decided to find some way to bring her Mum out of her shell.
- Mum’s Not a Flop! – Tracy: #220 (17 December 1983) – #231 (3 March 1984) [No episode in issue #222]
Jenny Sloane’s widowed mother has hit on an idea for earning money – renting herself out for anyone who needed a temporary mum! The only snag was Mum was better at creating new ideas that carrying them out. She usually left that to Jenny.
- Rent-A-Mum – Tracy: #187 (30 April 1983) – #197 (9 July 1983) [No episode in issue #189]
Morna Moore loved her widowed mum dearly, but when they moved to a new housing estate, she became terribly ashamed of her mum because she was old and dowdy! In fact lots of people thought she was her gran, and Morna decided not to correct them to save her own embarrassment.
- Writer: Alison Christie (Fitt)
- Artist: Ron Lumsden
- Morna’s Ancient Mum – Tracy: #136 (08 May 1982) – #146 (17 July 1982)
Pat Purdy has big problems after her Mum gets shrunk down to doll size by a weird washing powder, invented by Jeff Watson, the boy next door.
- Mini-Mum! – Mandy: #1051 (7 March 7, 1987) – #1063 (30 May 1987)