Miss Harriet Dene, a renowned woman scientist, has brought up a girl known only as J. Smith on a remote island in the Hebrides in an experiment to make her a perfect specimen, both physically and mentally. Deciding “Jay” is ready, Miss Dene takes her to the mainland to put her to the test with a barrage of practical tests.
- The reprint is three episodes less than the original.
- Wonder Girl! – Mandy: #107 (1 February 1969) – #125 (7 June 1969)
- Reprinted – Mandy: #479 (20 March 1976) – #494 (03 July 1976)
- Wonder Girl! in The Caves of Yesterday – Mandy: #127 (21 June 1969) – #142 (4 October 1969)
Hylda is a mystery girl. She does not know her exact age, her parents, and has no full name. She has been living with Uncle Josh and Aunt Carrie, who travel with Santor’s Fair and Circus ever since she can remember, but they and cousin Bette are not kind to her. Hylda decides to go against the circus to find her true parents and indulge her passion of becoming a top gymnast.
- Little Miss Feather Feet – Debbie: #186 (4 September 1976) – #206 (22 January 1977)
- Reprinted – Lucky Charm: #4 (1980)
Debbie Dawson’s new friend Rowan has a strange power over plants, because she is a dryad – a tree sprite. When Debbie runs away from the relatives she was staying with, Rowan goes with her.
- A Girl Called Rowan – Mandy: #1256 (09 February 1991) – #1266 (20 April 1991)
Marinda is a mysterious girl that lives in the sea and comes to the surface to help people at times.
- Marinda Mystery Girl of the Sea – Bunty: circa #1103 (03 March 1979) – (?)
- Reprinted – Bunty: #1648 (12 August 1989) – #1656 (7 October 1979)