Anne Pryor’s happiness is shattered when her parents are killed in a car accident. She begun to settle in an orphanage, when a misunderstanding with the other girls causes them to think she told tales on a girl.
- Art: Ted Rawlings
- This was Rawlings third strip for Bunty.
- Anne All-Alone – Bunty: #73 (06 June 1959) – #89 (26 September 1959)
- Reprinted – Bunty: #547 (6 July 1968) – #561 (12 October 1968)
In the year 1851, life was hard for the kids of Grimshaw Orphanage, know to them as Grim Hall. Alice Hawkins and three of her friends had escaped and gone to London, hoping to tell Queen Victoria of their plight.
- The Kids of Grim Hall – Bunty: ? – 1290 (02 October 1982)
Cindy Winters has grown up in Oldbank Orphanage, when she is old enough she is given the letter and a photograph that her mother left with her as a baby. The photo is of 4 young girls in costumes and this is the starting point for Cindy to try and track down her mother.
- Text Story
- Later the story was adapted into picture story for Bunty Picture Story Library Book “I Must Find My Mum”
- “I Must Find My Mum” (PSL) – Art: J. Badesa
- Cinderella of the Orphanage– Bunty: #157 (14 January 1961) – #173 (06 May 1961)
- Adapted into PSL “I Must Find My Mum” – Bunty Picture Story Library #237
- Reprinted as “I’ll Find My Mum” – Bunty Picture Story Library #402
- Cinderella of the Orphanage – Bunty Annual 1961