Young Paula Jones, backstage-girl with the Marcello Ballet Company, copes with all the little problems that crop up before, during and after a ballet performance. When Madame Marcello, the principal of the company, is taken into a nursing-home for a long and expensive course of treatment, it seems at first that the company will be disbanded but Paula persuades Claude Provence, Madame’s nephew, to continue with the company’s tour in order to pay Madame’s fees.
After an appearance on television, the dancers think that offers of bookings will come pouring in and, full of high hopes, they go down to the station to collect their scenery and costumes, which had been held up by a blockage on the line.
- Paula Pulls the Strings – Judy: #211 (25 January 1964) – #231 (13 June 1964)
- Paula Pulls the Strings – Judy: #352 (08 October 1966) – #359 (26 November 1966)
- Paula Pulls the Strings – Judy Annual 1965
- Paula Pulls the Strings – Judy Annual 1966
- Paula Pulls the Strings – Judy Picture Story Library: #26