Freckles Wilson, an orphan, lived with her relatives on their farm on the edge of the Florida Swamps. They treated her cruelly and Freckles’ only friend was a pet frog she called Ferdy. However, Uncle Eli discovered Ferdy was a champion jumper and took him from Freckles to train for contests. After Ferdy was scared away by Aunt Ida, he was found by Brett Corcoran, who claimed him. There was a court case to decide owner-ship and a demonstration of affection between Freckles and Ferdy settled the case in favour of the Wilsons.
- First appeared as a text story in Bunty was later reprinted as a picture story in Judy.
- Spot Art: George Ramsbottom (Bunty:#244 – #263)
- Freckles and her Frog (Judy #526-530) reprinted and translated to Dutch as “Sproet en haar kikker” – Debbie Dubbeldikboek #14 (1979)
- Freckles and her Frog (text story) – Bunty: #244 (15 Sep 1962) – #263 (26 Jan 1963)
- Reprinted as picture story – Judy: #526 (07 February 1970) – #545 (20 June 1970)
- Reprinted – Judy: #1014 (16 June 1979) – #1033(27 October 1979)